Anger becomes a concern when such anger periods develop unpredictably, happen very frequently, is expressed in harmful ways and becomes out of control.
Uncontrolled anger may start to negatively impact a person’s quality of life (and those around them) if not appropriately managed.
Common symptoms of poor anger management include:
- One feels angry a lot of the time
- Anger is disproportionate to the event that triggered it
- Involves verbal, physical or emotional abuse of others and yourself
- Has led to problems at work or in personal relationships
- Alcohol or illicit drugs may be being used to manage the anger
Think Psychological Services can help you through counselling and introducing techniques in anger management. We will work with you to discover the underlying issues causing the anger and developing a treatment plan to address these issues.